Ham Ball Ingredients:
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1½ cups of Hahn’s hickory smoked boneless ham, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups sauerkraut, rinsed, dried and chopped
- ¼ cup Italian breadcrumbs (or finely textured)
- 1 large egg, frothed with fork
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley, minced
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
Ham Ball Breading Ingredients:
- 1 large egg white, frothed
- ½ cup flour
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs (or finely textured)
- Oil for frying
- Sauté onions in pan about 3 minutes. Remove from pan and mix with other ham ball ingredients only. Form into 1 ½”-2” balls.
- To bread the ham balls, put flour, egg and breadcrumbs in SEPARATE shallow bowls. Roll each ball in flour, then egg, and lastly breadcrumbs.
- Heat 2” of oil to 375 degrees and fry until crisp and golden brown (approx. 3 mins), turning them as needed. Place fried ham balls on a double thickness of paper towels on a cookie sheet. Place in 200-degree preheated oven to keep warm.
- For a great dipping sauce try our Hahn’s Brown Sugar Glaze.
- Reheating Instructions – place on a cookie sheet and put in a 350-degree oven until crisp (about 20 mins).