- 1 yellow onion, minced
- 8 slices Hahn’s bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup gruyere cheese, shredded
- 1 premade deep dish pastry pie shell
- 2 cups half and half
- 3 whole eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place cut Hahn’s bacon into a skillet and cook over medium-high heat until crispy.
- Remove all but a tablespoon of bacon fat from the skillet.
- Add in minced onion and cook over medium-high heat until softened and slightly golden, about 5 mins.
- In a bowl, whisk together half and half, whole eggs, egg yolk, a pinch of salt, and some cracked black pepper until a smooth mixture is formed.
- Add most of your shredded gruyere cheese, along with all the cooked Hahn’s bacon, and the softened onions to the pie crust.
- Pour in egg mixture until pie crust is almost full. Sprinkle rest of gruyere cheese on top.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until the quiche is set and no longer jiggles when you shake it.
- Let cool for 10 minutes and enjoy!